Friday, February 26, 2016

If I'm right so often, why can't I win the lottery?

News broke today that New Jersey Governor and former Presidential candidate Chris Christie has endorsed Donald Trump for President.

What's that you say? Why yes, I did mention that I would not be surprised at all if this occurred right here.

Allow me to quote myself like the fancy bloggers do:
In the conspiracy theory department -- I see where Christie had a long talk with Trump prior to leaving NH. Trump's got money tied up in NJ, Christie can't run for Governor again . . . would I be surprised if Christie suddenly started stumping for Trump? That Christie's name suddenly started turning up in a supposed Trump administration? VP? Attorney General?

There's already been some quiet whispers about Trump buying political support -- I'm looking at you Sarah, so the notion that there was some quid-pro-quo between Trump and Christie to get the more electable Rubio out of the way is not all that far-fetched to me.

I suppose I shouldn't be surprised that one of Ann Coulter's former can't miss Presidential prospects is endorsing the current one. Once a loser, always a loser.

*sigh*

I also see where Mike Huckabee's daughter is accepting a position in Trump's campaign organization. Trump also had a long meet with Huck as he was leaving the race. Trump is making a big deal of how he isn't buying a lot of ads, but he's certainly buying up supporters. I'm disappointed in Huck though. I thought he was a more principled man than this.

Like with my comments about FOX news personalities, win or lose in November, we're all getting a good look at folks on the conservative side of the political arena. Pay attention people. Get a good look and remember next time any of these shameless opportunists try to tell you how honest or sincere they are. They aren't. They're money grubbing shallow posers. Not an ounce of honor among them. Learn from our mistakes so we don't repeat them in the future.

Update:
Hey, it's not just me pointing out Christie's political whore-ing himself out. Check out this little tidbit from Meg Whitman, CEO of Hewlett-Packard and the campaign finance co-chair of Christie's suspended Presidential run:
"Chris Christie's endorsement of Donald Trump is an astonishing display of political opportunism. Donald Trump is unfit to be President. He is a dishonest demagogue who plays to our worst fears. Trump would take America on a dangerous journey. Christie knows all that and indicated as much many times publicly. The Governor is mistaken if he believes he can now count on my support, and I call on Christie's donors and supporters to reject the Governor and Donald Trump outright. I believe they will. For some of us, principle and country still matter."
Yeah, that just about says it all.

No comments: