Thursday, January 7, 2016

Bernie Goldberg agrees with me

"Dogs and cats, living together . . . mass hysteria!

I mentioned before that I don't watch Bill O'Reilly's show. I find him to be a buffoon and a bully and nowhere near as informed or intelligent as he thinks he is. But I happened to be watching tonight and caught his segment with Bernie Goldberg on FOX's handling of the 2016 campaign.

Goldberg pointed to several things he found problematic with FOX's coverage. One -- Trump gets too much air time, more in fact, according to Bernie, than many FOX anchors. Second -- and more to my point, Trump is often interviewed by certain hosts like he was their friend. Which is to say, the hosts show favoritism towards Trump.

Bernie was careful not to name names, but I will. Greta van Susterin, Sean Hannity and Eric Boling are the ringleaders of Team Trump at FOX News. Greta leads with Trump, as she did tonight, or has him on more than anyone else. He's practically a regular feature on her show. And as a former prosecutor, she knows how to lead him with questions to protect him.

Greta: "Now I know you really didn't mean [whatever stupid thing he just said], right? I mean, you were simply trying to point out [this more innocent thing], right?"

Trump: "Of course, I would never say such a thing as that, Greta. It's just as you say, I was just trying to make this other point." blah, blah, blah.

It's disgusting.

Boling was subbing for O'Reilly after Trump's childish comments about Hillary during the last Democratic debate. Boling loved every minute of it. And when his guests in one segment tried to point out how un-Presidential and undignified he was behaving, Boling just shut them down saying he thought it was great someone was dishing it out to Hillary and more power to him, etc.

I quit watching Hannity after Glenn Beck showed him for the dim-bulb hypocrite he really is. Hannity's the low hanging fruit of conservative talkers, a poor interviewer and a one-thought host. And he's a huge Trump fan. Apparently completely okay with a dictator Trump while being totally against a dictator Obama.

So bully for Bernie for having the stones to take these hosts to task even if he didn't have the full set to name names. O'Reilly for his part told Bernie he didn't know what he was talking about. Claimed CNN has Trump on more than FOX, which I don't know but I'll bet is not true. And claimed that Trump is ratings gold so hosts are going to have him on because he's entertaining.

Hmmm...

I thought they were supposed to be a "news" channel. Focusing on the issues in electing the next President. Which is it, Bill? I think you may have made Bernie's point for him.

No comments: