Friday, July 31, 2015

F*cking Awesome!!

So to set the stage -- It's Sunday in a quiet residential neighborhood in Bullitt County, Kentucky. A teenage girl, who's been sunbathing out by her pool comes in and tells her father that there's a drone hovering over the backyards of various houses. Perhaps not coincidentally, houses that also have teenage girls in swimsuits hanging out by the pool.

So the father grabs his shotgun and steps into the backyard, saying to one of his neighbors that he won't do anything unless it comes over his property. Sure enough the drone comes over his yard and he blasts the thing out of the sky.

Some minutes later, four guys show up at the father's house demanding to know if he was the one who shot down their drone. And it went like this:

"They asked me, 'Are you the S.O.B. that shot my drone?' and I said, 'Yes I am,'..."I had my 40[.cal] Glock on me and they started toward me and I told them, 'If you cross my sidewalk, there’s gonna be another shooting.'"

OH.HELL.YEAH.

At which point the four guys politely left the father's property.

Supposedly the guys were simply taking pictures of a friend's house from the air. I'm sure it was pure coincidence that they chose a weekend day with lots of neighborhood teenage girls laying out by their pools in their bikinis and hovered over them until the girls noticed and waved at the camera. I'm sure they were simply having a hard time finding the correct house to photograph/video.

As we become blanketed with surveillance from city/county/state/national agencies and every Tom, Dick, and Harry using their cell-phones to record everything, I find myself becoming more concerned about the round-the-clock snooping into the daily moments of our lives. I say bully for Dad there. I would have done the same thing.

And bully for Dad as a responsible gun owner as we once again see how simply the possession/carrying of a firearm forestalled a violent encounter.

No comments: