Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Courtney Stodden is in mourning, in her own sort of way

courtney stodden beach bikini

I posted a little while back about Courtney Stodden's trailer park stylings with her pregnancy wardrobe. We got news recently that she apparently had a miscarriage and lost her child.

I'm not one to make light of that situation. I've had friends whose wives had miscarriages, I've know women who themselves have miscarried. It's a brutal thing to endure. And everyone deals with it in their way. But I'm not sure this is how anyone I know would have handled this moment in their lives:

courtney stodden beach bikini
courtney stodden beach bikini

Calling your favorite paparazzi and scheduling a candid photoshoot on the beach in a tiny bikini while you guzzle champagne out of a bottle just seems a little . . . you know . . . self-serving. Or maybe contrived.

Some of the celeb blogs that first reported on this headlined these shots with how emotional she got during the shoot.

courtney stodden beach bikini

I don't know, maybe I'm just getting old or something, but I cried harder than that when I had to drop my dog off at the SPCA because I couldn't bring her to the apartment my son and I moved into after my marriage broke up.

The reality show ethos seems to be infecting (yes, I chose that word specifically) everything in our lives now. How many times have you seen someone in casual conversation make that over-exaggerated double-take look when they want to express dismay? Disagreements instantly devolve into slapping and fighting and finger-wagging head-popping "Oh no you didn't!" gesturing.

Culture always evolves. Not sure this is going the right way.

courtney stodden nipple beach bikini
courtney stodden beach bikini

No comments: