Sunday, January 8, 2017

If you like your weather . . .

So I get up for work Saturday morning and as I'm getting dressed, I check the weather app on my phone like I always do this time of year. Says to expect a high in the low 60's. Okay, I always wear a t-shirt anyway, so . . . probably need my sweater during the day.

Right before I leave for work at 5:00a.m., I check the outside thermometer and it's 71° , and I'm thinking a 10+ degree drop during the day? Unlikely. So I don't worry about it.

By the time we start work at 8:00a.m. it's already pretty cold. And windy. Any rainy.

The whole yucky day goes by. When I get off work at 5:30p.m. it's in the low 50's. Plus with the high winds and high humidity from the cloudy rainy day, it feels like the low 40's.

This time I don't take any chances. Before I go to bed I turn the heat on, just in case. Sure enough, I wake up this morning and it is 32° on the nose.

Amazing. A 40° drop in 24 hours. Wow.

There used to be a joke back when I was a kid about Florida weather -- don't like it? Wait 5 minutes, it'll change.

I hope that old joke is going to work both ways :-)

No comments: