Sunday, April 17, 2011

Talladega today and stuff

Congrats to Jimmy Johnson for what is tied for the closest victory at 'Dega since the introduction of electronic timing. I'm not actually a Johnson fan, but it wasn't Carl Edwards, so I'm okay with it.

Yeah, I know, Edwards drives for Roush/Fenway, and I should be a fan 'cause of the Red Sox connection . . . sorry, not gonna happen. Dude just doesn't do it for me.

I sprung for NASCAR's TrackPass thingy. It's about $80 for the season and I suppose would have made more sense picking it up earlier on. But it is kind of a fun addition to watching the race on tv.

Listened to in-car audio of Tony Stewart, and picked a handful of guys to keep tabs on during the race with the tracking stats stuff. All pretty cool. Having the communication stuff going on at the same time as the tv announcers took some getting used to. But hey, it's the information age. Right?

My only complaint was the track position/driver telemetry crapped out about two thirds of the way through the race. If it happens next race, someone's gonna get a pointed e-mail.

======

Speaking of the Sox, nice to see them win two in a row. Kids were digging a bit of a hole to start the season. Still in last place. But as a life-long Sox fan, I can handle a few bumps in the road.

No comments: