Monday, April 6, 2015

Eliza Dushku joins the cast of Banshee

eliza dushku joins cast of banshee

I see where a favorite of mine, Eliza Dushku, will be joining the cast of Banshee for season 4 (I think) as some sort of bad-ass FBI profiler who will be helping faux-sheriff Lucas Hood as he hunts down a serial killer.

I guess this means I'll have to hang in there with this series. I've tried a couple of times to get into it without success. I'm not sure what it is, I like the characters and all, but something about the way the show travels . . . perhaps it is Alan Ball's direction. He took a series I liked initially -- Six Feet Under, and drove it seemingly six feet under to the point where I hated the show and the characters. I still can't watch Lili Taylor in anything because of how off-putting her character was.

But I'll give this show one more chance. *sigh*



I also see where they've greenlit a sequel to the under appreciated Pacific Rim that will be released in 2017. Supposedly Guillermo del Toro is also working on an animated series and comic to fill in some backstory prior to it's release. Taking a cue from MARVEL's all of the above approach to story exposition and saturation.

According to del Toro, the only characters he's sure to include in the sequel will be Drs Gottlieb and Geiszler as well as Hannibal Chau, because as we've seen, Guillermo loves him some Ron Perlman. heh

No word yet whether Charlie Hunnam or Rinko Kikuchi will reprise their roles, but if they do, I doubt Miss Mori will be looking anything like she does in this photoshoot:

rinko kikuchi sexyrinko kikuchi sexy
rinko kikuchi sexyrinko kikuchi sexy
rinko kikuchi sexyrinko kikuchi sexy

No comments: