Monday, July 28, 2014

And this is apparently how Wonder Woman looks

gal gadot as wonder woman

Miss Israel 2004 Gal Gadot has been tagged to play Wonder Woman in the upcoming Batman vs. Superman movie. Now I hate to be nit-picky here, but I usually like my amazons to look . . . you know . . . amazonian:

gal gadot
gal gadot

She's beautiful and adorable and looks like she should be playing Robin's girlfriend or something, not an amazon warrior princess from an isolated island. She probably couldn't act her way out of a paper bag, but Khloe Kardashian fits the mold, physically, more than Ms. Gadot. And isn't this movie, or at least the big battle between Batman and Superman, sort of based on The Dark Night Returns by Frank Miller? I don't even remember Wonder Woman being in that book.

oh well

Update:
While she may not be my first choice, from strictly a physique standpoint, to play Wonder Woman, Gadot has certainly shown some rarely-seen-in-Hollywood courage by Tweeting her support for Israel. This naturally brought the usual hate-filled blow back from low information anti-Semitic trolls on Twitter. But Gadot hasn't taken the bait or stepped back from supporting her country in their fight against murderous terrorists.
Good for her.

Update:
Don't let it be said that I'm too big to admit when I'm wrong. After watching Gadot's turn in the Batman v Superman movie, I have to say they've done a good job casting her for the role of Wonder Woman. I was totally wrong about her acting ability, and the director's decision to have her keep her Israeli accent was brilliant. It gives her an exotic-ness that fits in with the character's mythology. Snyder's style of cgi & direction for action scenes, ala 300, work well for WW, and Gadot seems fit and athletic enough to make her believable as an action star.

I'm totally looking forward to her stand alone Wonder Woman movie and the Justice League film to follow.

Color me chagrined for my derisive comments above.

No comments: