Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Always nice to see the results of our public school system

So I've got the day off and I'm trying to get a bunch of outside stuff done since the last time I had a day off it rained all day.

I get done late in the afternoon, and starving, decide to get some carry-out since I'm too pooped to cook. I shoot through the Wendys drive through. My order comes to $10.47 (don't ask, I was really hungry), I hand the dude at the window a $20 and two cents. Then I wait.

And wait, and wait, and . . .

I look over and see the guy counting the bills and staring at them. He looks at the register, then starts again with the bills. They're holding my food out the window and the pick-up window. The guy asks me what I gave him.

"$20.02" I tell him. He starts looking at the money again. Finally I say, "I should be getting $9.55 back." He nods and laughs and makes some light joke about having a brain fart or some such. I smile, take my change and drive off.

Here's my thing -- dude couldn't make change?! He's in front of a digital register, and couldn't do basic simple math? I know it can be a grind doing that sort of work. I've used to work at Subway in college. Had to hold down the whole place by myself from 9:00 p.m. 'til 2:00 a.m., so I know you can get overwhelmed.

But simple math?! With the register as back-up?! Perhaps the public school system should spend a little less time on teaching kids to recite the Qur'an and the finer points of anal sex, and spend a little more time on basic reading, writing and arithmetic!!

sheesh!!



And this just in:

hayden panettiere us magazine

Apparently, US Magazine thinks that Hayden Panettiere has TV's best body.

Hmmmm . . .

So . . . is it the misspelled tattoo or the fake boobs or the oddly stocky body with cellulite thighs that they find so hot?

Sorry, I'm just going to go ahead and disagree with you guys on this one. K?

No comments: