Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Gotta love neighbors

So I'm sitting at home last night after work and someone knocks on my door. This usually aggravates me, because once I'm home -- I'm done. Don't call, don't bother me . . . I just want to relax and unwind.

But it turns out to be a couple of young dudes that work for a tree trimming service. And this is really timely, because I've been getting really fed up with how all my neighbors have trees growing into my yard and messing things up. And for some reason, all you have to do is re-roof your house, and trees go into growing overdrive and head right for the virgin shingles.

Anyway, I walk the dudes around the yard, tell them to cut away to their hearts content and get this nonsense off my property.

I get home tonight, pay the guys and we're standing around b.s.ing about stuff. The one guy tells me that my neighbor behind me saw the tree guys trimming his overgrown oak off my powerline and getting his cherry laurels off my property and talked to these guys about cleaning his tree mess down to size!

?!?

For years, every time we had a storm or a hurricane or something, my power went out because this douchebag wouldn't trim his effin' trees out of the powerlines. I finally spring to get something done, and now he's all big on cleaning up his property!

I guess better late than never, but come on . . .

No comments: